Quite good for one hour...

With ChatGPT's help, today I created everything needed for chatting back and forth between human-controlled player and ChatGPT-controlled NPC. The human can click on a "chat" button which will unhide a text input field and a submit button, both nicely styled; clicking on the button again will hide it again. Another new section contains about 3 lines of scrollable chat from the NPCs. 

I had to start a new session though; the long session I've been using for days now got extremely slow - the stuff I was typing appeared with something like one character per 3 seconds, while I was typing. No clue what was wrong; creating a new session made things fast again.

Also, the new session was getting confused, mixing up names of HTML elements, forgetting what it had created etc.; this might be related with me getting confused a bit. The AI generated stuff so fast that I forgot a method it had generated. I then told it I need this function, it generated one that looked wrong (wrong HTML element ids), so we had this weird dialog:


Weird stuff. Again: do not assume that the AI will keep control over things. You must.

Still, all the HTML, the eventing, testing all that, improving the styling and the user interaction, all in one hour, is quite more than I expected.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

ChatGPT as a teacher

How it started...

Pathfinding and A*